Christmas Experience General Admission
£8 adult / £4 child
Gains entry into:
- The estate, gardens and play areas
- The 12 Days Walk
- The House
- Wildlife World (when open, last entry 3.15pm, closes at 4pm)
- Elf Village (activities extra – see below)
- The Fairy Dell
Make it extra special
For all the ticket types below a general admission ticket must be purchased first
Santas North Pole
- £12.95 child
- Your prebooked Santas visit at The North Pole
- Approximately 40 minute visit, includes interaction with the elves, craft activity in the elf workshop, family visit with Santa and present.
- Open air ice rink, booked sessions last 45 minutes
- Adult £12.50
- Child £9.50
- Family £38
- Under 4s free
- £3 per activity / £10 for 4
- £3 per person (both adult & children
- 40 minute magic show in the house
Preschoolers Santa’s Cabin in the Elf Village
- £6.50 child
- Open Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays 11am – 2pm from Monday 2 December
- An experience for younger visits to see Santa for a present without the full North Pole additions
- No pre-bookings taken
- Tickets to see Santa in the Elf Village can be bought from The Little Christmas Shop in the Elf Village itself
This year The Christmas Experience has a varied range of opening times, for the various attractions, café, house and estate. Below is information about the changing Christmas Experience programme and times.
Fri 22 November 2019 – Monday 23rd December 2019
Estate opens: 10am daily
Estate closes: Sunday – Thursday 7pm, Friday – Saturday 8pm
- Wildlife World – 3.15pm daily
- House – 1 hour prior to estate close
- Elf Village and Cafe – 30 minutes prior to estate close
- Santa’s North Pole and ice rink – last booking 1 hour prior to estate close
- 12 Days Walk – 20 minutes prior to estate close
Please note between Monday 25 November and Thursday 28 November the house, cafe and estate, including the Elf Village and 12 days of Christmas walk, will close at 4pm.
Tuesday 24 December 2019
Activities open from 10:00 and the whole estate closes at 13:00. Last entry will begin from 1 hour before this time.
Wednesday 25 December, Thursday 26 December 2019 & Wednesday 1 January 2020
Friday 27 Dec – Sunday 5 Jan
The Estate, house, 12 Days Walk and ice rink will be open from 10:00 until 17:00. Last entry will begin from 1 hour before Estate closing times as per above list.
The Elf Village and North Pole will no longer be open after Christmas as Santa and his elves will have gone for a well deserved rest.
Off Collier Lane
Tel: 0113 378 2959
Local transport information: Finding your way to Lotherton Hall.
By bus: Bus numbers 64 and 64A go to Aberford from Leeds City Centre. There is then an approximate 20-30 minute walk.
By train: The nearest train station is Garforth, located 4 miles away.
By car: Lotherton Hall is situated off Collier Lane which is just off junction 47 of the M1. If you are using a route planner, our postcode is LS25 3EB.
Please contact Metroline for up-to-date travel information on (0113) 245 7676.
Entrance prices include admission to the hall and estate and parking charges are included in your visit. There is plenty of parking available.
Access: For information about disabled access, baby changing facilities and dog access please visit the Lotherton Hall website
Free WIFI: To get online, just turn on your Wi-Fi service and select Leeds Free Wi-Fi. Just register once using your current email address.
Top tips on planning your visit:
Getting around the Estate and activities:
- Pick up a map from the ticket booth when you arrive and make the most of the experience by following the trail around the site.
- Follow the twinkling lights and stay on the lit paths at all times for your safety.
- Step carefully on the path and feel free to bring a torch or buy one from the shop.
- If you’d like to avoid the crowds visit on a weekday, we are open until 7pm – weekends can be very busy!
- Have fun on the Twelve Day Walk, some of our installations you can play with and interact with. But please try not to break them!
- Respect the fairies in their beautiful handcraft village in the Dell and ensure dogs are on leads and children stay on the paths and do not climb on the rockery or houses.
- If you want to visit Wildlife World please be aware last entry is at 3.15pm, closing at 4pm. This is to suit the animals natural sleeping habits.
- All Lotherton annual membership holders MUST show their membership card as well as ticket.
Visiting Santa and the North Pole:
- Pre-booked tickets for Santa and the North Pole are essential and weekends always sell out.
- If you book to see Santa in the North Pole arrive 5 minutes prior to your booked time (situated on the far side of the Christmas Courtyard). Additionally, allow yourself plenty of time to get onto the Estate, park the car and walk to the North Pole, situated behind the main Christmas Courtyard. We would advise arriving at Lotherton at least 45 minutes before your booked time slot.