Conditions of Sale
Tickets are sold by Leeds City Council, Leeds City Centre Box Office, Leeds Town Hall, The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 3AD on behalf of producers, promoters and event organisers, including Leeds City Council events and seasons. When booking you acknowledge that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase, except in the case of a materially altered or cancelled performance/event. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to check all tickets at the time of purchase or on arrival (by post/email), and to promptly make the box office team aware of any mistakes so they can be rectified.
- Tickets must not be sold or resold without the express permission of Leeds City Centre Box Office and the promoter of the event.
- Any resale, or attempt to sell tickets at a higher price than originally purchased, will result in the order being cancelled without prior notification.
- When booking discounted tickets, proof of eligibility is required. Tickets may be held at box office whilst proof is checked or requested on entry to the venue.
- All ticket prices quoted are for tickets purchased in advance of the event. The promoter reserves the right to change the advertised price at any time.
- Each Ticket entitles one person entry to The Christmas Experience on the date and time that has been selected by the Visitor when purchasing the Ticket.
- All Visitors entering The Christmas Experience must hold a valid Ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any member of The Christmas Experience’s staff.
- Ticket prices vary according to the following age ranges:
- A person aged 18 years or older is classed as an adult;
- A person aged 5 to 15 years is classed as a child; and
- Children aged 4 years and under are admitted free for a day entry ticket
- Children aged 1 to 17 are classes as a child ticket for the elf village
- Students must show proof of being a student on arrival on order to obtain a concession
- A booking fee, currently 10% of the total ticket value, is applied to all transactions made through Leeds City Centre Box Office.
- In the event of a refund, the booking fee will be retained by Leeds City Centre Box Office. Only the ticket value will be refunded. This includes but not limited to, event cancellations, elective refunds (where offered), illness, or reasons outside of the event hosts control.
Venue Terms and Conditions
- Health and Safety
2.1 Whilst visiting The Christmas Experience, the Visitor must comply with any health and safety measures put in place by The Christmas Experience and the Visitor is required to inform The Christmas Experience staff immediately in the event of any incident occurring on the premises which causes any personal injury or damage to property which could give rise to personal injury.
2.2 From time to time The Christmas Experience staff may draw the Visitors’ attention to particular health and safety procedures that have been put in place for the protection of Visitors and to which Visitors must adhere.
- Visitors’ Conduct
3.1 Visitors are required to observe the following prohibitions while at The Christmas Experience:
- Dogs must be kept on the leads at all times;
- Visitors must stay on the lit paths at all times;
- No access to any area of The Christmas Experience other than areas designated for access by Visitors;
- No use of illegal drugs is permitted anywhere on the The Christmas Experience site.
Only alcohol bought on the premises can be consumed at The Christmas Experience.
3.2 The Christmas Experience reserves to right to refuse entry to or expel any Visitor who fails to observe the prohibitions in condition 3.1, or whom The Christmas Experience considers likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of any other Visitor or member of staff.
4.1 Visitors must keep their personal belongings with them at all times and The Christmas Experience accepts no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to any personal belongings brought into The Christmas Experience by the Visitor.
- The Christmas Experience’s Obligations
5.1 Visitors are reminded that from time to time parts of The Christmas Experience may be closed and certain exhibits may be removed for maintenance or for technical reasons.
5.2 The Christmas Experience will use its reasonable endeavours to be open and operational during published opening hours but reserves the right to close on any given day, whether for security or any other reason, without notice. In the event of such closure, any Tickets purchased for the day of closure will be exchanged or refunded by The Christmas Experience. This will be the total amount of compensation payable. The visitor’s statutory rights are not affected.
- Governing Law
6.1 This contract is governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute.